Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Paleo Diet

I learned about Paleo diet 2 months ago where in you have to limit yourself from eating dairy products like butter, cheese, milk etc. Processed foods and processed sugars are a no-no. Legumes, starches and alcohol. Yup I no longer drink alcohol and I have no plans drinking any time soon. When I see alcohol now, I just want to puke. Seriously! Paleo diet will change your life.


So what is Paleo diet? A pyramid illustration from fitbomb will do the explanation.




Basically, Paleo is like caveman diet. You eat anything that can be hunted or just eat it the way God made it. The best decription of Paleo diet can be found at whole9life:


I eat “real” food -- fresh, natural food like meat, vegetables and fruit. I choose foods that are nutrient dense, with lots of naturally-occurring vitamins and minerals, over foods that have more calories but less nutrition. And food quality is important -- I’m careful about where my meat comes from, and buy produce locally and organically as often as possible.
It’s not a low calorie “diet” -- I eat as much as I need to maintain strength, energy and a healthy weight. In fact, my diet is probably much higher in fat than you’d imagine. Fat isn’t the enemy -- it’s a great energy source when it comes from high quality foods like avocado, coconut and nuts. And I’m not trying to do a “low carb” thing, but since I’m eating vegetables and fruits instead of bread, cereal and pasta, it just happens to work out that way.
Eating like this is good for maintaining a healthy metabolism, and reducing inflammation within the body. It’s been doing great things for my energy levels, body composition and performance in the gym. It also helps to minimize my risk for a whole host of lifestyle diseases and conditions, like diabetes, heart attack and stroke.

I lost 4 pounds just by doing it for 30 days. What do I have to lose if I make it a lifestyle? I still get to eat burger, pizza and fries if I want to, but I always eat in moderation. Balance diet+workout = healthy lifestyle. You wanna give it a go? Please leave a comment below or email me. Thank you! 


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting, KT!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kt! How should i start if i wannt try doing Paleo diet? Like for me i am used to eat processed food almost everyday (yeah i know its not good! :P)

KTs lifestyle said...

Hi Lee,

You can start the Paleo diet by having a MIND SET that you will stick to organic food! When you do grocery shopping, make a list and follow it. Avoid going to the processed food section. If you can't avoid it, cover your eyes while pushing your cart. Don't watch TV commercials that endorse processed food, grab the remote and jump to another channel. Here's a list of what you should and shouldn't eat. http://bretcontreras.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Paleo-Diet.jpg
I hope it helps!

<3
KT

Unknown said...

OMG! haha Just by thinking that i need to have that kind of mindset is like WHOA! haha Thank you! i'll try that.. C'mon i do it. Ehe! ^_^ Great blog anyways! God bless you! ;)

KTs lifestyle said...

Just like Nike's tag line, "Just do it!"(Checked!) God bless you too! Take care! :)